0431 562 039

Student Visa Subclass 500


The Ministry of Home Affairs, Australia, has a special visa for students that allow them to stay inside the Australian territory for the duration of 5 years for their selected course. This visa is known as the student visa subclass 500. The course must be registered under the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students or CRICOS and it must be a full-time course within the stipulated time of five years in any recognized Australian institution. This visa also permits the students to bring their families into the country. The student visa 500 can be availed for many courses subject to their eligibility under the Australian visa guidelines, and the foreign students can apply for it to study any course of their liking. However, the level and extent of documentation to be provided will be determined by the choice of the host institution and the original country of citizenship of the applicant.
There are several regulations that govern the acceptance of the visa subclass 500 which the candidate or their assistors should know of beforehand. During the period the visa is active and functioning, according to one of the conditions, the student has the right to travel elsewhere and return to the country of Australia during the period of validity of the visa. Subject to the fulfillment of the requirements, the student can work for not more than 40 hours in a fortnight, and the course of their choice must have started. There are several other rules to know and strictly follow for an international student, so it would be better to make a checklist. The student must also receive approval from CRICOS about their course of choice. It is better to seek a professional advice from AIEC help if the students need an explanation about any points and to know the correct procedure of application of the visa.